The City of Palm Springs is committed to providing electronic information in a format that is accessible by the largest number of users possible. We do this by attempting to:
- Comply whenever possible with the accessibility standards in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended by Congress in 1998.
- Ensure compliance with WCAG 1.0. (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and complete enhancements to be WCAG 2.0 compliant in fiscal year 2016-17.
- Use web site design standards that emphasize consistent and easy to understand navigation and presentation of information.
- Minimize web page loading time to accommodate slower connections.
- Adhere to HTML standards to ensure compatibility with the widest possible number of web browsing programs and platforms.
In some cases, we present information in form of Portable Document Format (PDF) files. This is a standard web format which can be read with free software available for most computers.
When presenting information as a PDF file, we will attempt to:
- Clearly identify the document as a PDF file and provide a link to the software needed to open the file.
- Create text-based, searchable PDF documents. This is not always possible when presenting graphics or alternate language documents.
Adobe makes accesible information and tools available on their web site that allow conversion of PDF files to HTML or text.
Please contact the City's ADA Coordinator Marcus Fuller with any questions or feedback, or call 760-323-8255.
For additional information on the programs and accommodation, please see our Disability Services page.