GREEN FACADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
GREEN BUSINESS PARTNER Welcome Letter.
Service Industry Resources:SoCalGas Rebates for Business
Website that rates companies based on environmental initiatives
|Things A Business Can Do to be Green:
1. Install occupancy sensors to control bathroom lighting and fans.
2. Upgrade general area lighting to task lighting.
3. Replace incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent fixtures.
4. Replace or retrofit all outdated T-12 fluorescent fixtures.
5. Upgrade old water heaters with on-demand, tankless systems.
6. Repair leaking hot water faucets.
7. Upgrade old industrial unit heaters to gas-fired infrared heaters.
8. Use a setback thermo stat to save energy during the off-hours.
9. Put Vending Misers on refrigerated beverage vending machines.
10. Turn off lights when leaving a room.
11. Dim lights in areas lit by sunny windows.
12. Turn off PCs at the end of the day.
13. Use printer and copier energy saving modes.
14. Decrease occupied heat settings to 68 degrees.
15. Increase occupied cooling settings to 74 degrees.